Academic Advising >


Some of the files below are in PDF format. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
NOTE: Do not complete the forms below in pencil.

Academic Appeal

  • Students who wish to appeal their academic suspension for reasons other than medical issues should use this form.
  • The Academic Appeals Committee will meet Friday, May 19, 2017, Friday, June 30, and Tuesday, August 22
  • Submissions Deadline: Wednesday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. (for May 19 meeting); Wednesday, June 28, 5:00 p.m. (for June 30 meeting); and Friday, August 18, 5:00 p.m. (for August 22 meeting)

Academic Probation Contract

Academic Relief

  • Please click here to request academic relief through Cook Counseling
  • Please click here to request academic relief through Schiffert Health Center
  • Please click here to request relief through Services for Students with Disabilities

Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere

  • Students who wish to take courses at other institutions and transfer the credit to VT should use this form.

Course Substitution

  • Students who are requesting a CLE, college, or major course substitution should use this form.

Declare/Change Option or Concentration

  • Students who wish to declare or change their option or concentration for ACIS, BIT, FIN, MGT, or MKTG should use this form.

Drop Major

  • Current Pamplin College of Business students who wish to drop a major should use this form.

Drop Minor

  • Students who wish to drop a Pamplin College of Business minor should use this form.

Exam Change

Foreign Language Waiver

  • Students who are requesting a waiver for the university’s foreign language requirement should use this form. Contact the Foreign Language Department for more information.

Independent Study/Undergraduate Research

  • Students who are participating in an independent study or undergraduate research with a professor should use this form.

Overload Request

  • Students who wish to request permission to take more than 19 credits in a fall or spring semester, 6 credits during a winter session, or 9 credits in a summer term should use this form.

Real Estate Restricted Electives Plan of Study

  • Students majoring in Real Estate must have an approved plan of study for required restricted electives.  These courses must be submitted to and approved by the Real Estate Advisor.

Request to Change a Course to Pass/Fail Before Deadline

Request to Drop a Course, Add a Course, or Change Grade Mode after Deadline

  • Students who are requesting to make a change to their schedule after published deadlines should use this form (e.g. add a course after the 5thday of the term).  Only extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control will be considered.

Resignation/Withdrawal From Term

  • Students who wish to resign from a term should use this form.

Study Abroad Evaluation

  • Students who are traveling on an exchange or third-party program (not a VT program) should use this form.
  • Course syllabi should also be included when submitting this form.
  • Please contact Jennifer Clevenger, with questions

“W” Grade Policy (Course Withdrawal)

  • Students who wish to request to apply the “W” grade policy to a course should use this form.
  • Fall Semester Deadline: Wednesday, December 13, 2017